THE GRANT CYCLE
Nevada Women’s Philanthropy annually awards one large grant and one unrestricted gift—the Impact Grant and the Founders Gift, respectively. NWP plans for an annual Impact Grant of $500,000.
The grant making process begins with an informational meeting held in the fall and hosted by The Outreach Committee. The Grant Symposium is open to all local nonprofit agencies who want to learn about the NWP grant process. Following the Symposium, agencies submit their grant applications and, if they meet the base criteria, NWP’s Grant Screening Committee reviews these applications in a multi-step process that determines the two finalists recommended to the full membership for a vote in the spring.
NWP considers applicants in the areas of arts, education, environment, health, child welfare, and social services. Grants may be requested for capital funds and/or program funds. Successful proposals:
- Address an urgent and vital need;
- Demonstrate unique solutions to time-worn problems;
- Engage in new ventures and encourage collaboration.
To be eligible the applicant agency must demonstrate that they meet NWP’s baseline criteria, including but not limited to the following.
- has the size and strength to manage the grant;
- is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt, public nonprofit;
- does not discriminate or proselytize;
- has not received the NWP Impact Grant in the past seven grant cycles or the Founders Gift in the last grant cycle;
- has been serving the Southern NV population for four (4) or more years;
- can provide three (3) years of audited financial statements;
- will impact our Southern NV population;
- will be ready for implementation within one year;
- will be sustainable beyond NWP funding;
- will utilize NWP funding for at least 30% of the total project funding;
- will not utilize NWP funds for research.